FAQs - Do I qualify for the additional home owner grant?
Question - Do I qualify for the additional home owner grant?
You must first qualify for the basic grant before you may claim the additional grant. You may claim the additional grant if you are:
- 65 or older during the calendar year; or
- A veteran, or the spouse or widow/widower of a veteran receiving an allowance under the War Veterans Allowance Act (Canada) or the Civilian War-Related Benefits Act (Canada); or
- A person with disabilities receiving a disability allowance under the BC Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Act; or
- A person with disabilities who does not receive a disability allowance under the BC Employment and Assistance for Persons with Disabilities Act, or you are a property owner with a disabled spouse or relative residing permanently with you and you have provided a Form B certification.
- The spouse or relative of an owner who passed away in the current year who world have been eligible under conditions a) through d), and occupied the residence on the date of the owner's death.
Note: Being a recipient of the Canada Pension Plan disability benefits does not qualify you for the additional grant.
For detailed information on your eligibility visit The Ministry of Finance's website for Home Owner Grant Eligible Criteria.