The Women's Auxiliary was established in the early 1950s and was first comprised of firefighters' wives. They held dances, teas, bake sales, craft sales, etc. to finance the purchase of a variety of furnishings for the Firehall, Communications Centre and the ambulance when it was manned and operated by the Langford Fire Department.
Today, the WA continues to raise funds for equipment, furnishings, family support and an education bursary that is available to LFR members. They also make lunches for the firefighters during weekend training courses or when the firefighters are on a lengthy call and are in need of meals.
Joining the Woman's Auxiliary
This is a chance to be part of an energetic and effective group that contributes to Langford's growing community in a tangible and rewarding way. This group is open to all women residing in Langford.
The Women's Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month (with the exception of July and August), at 7:00 pm at Station 2, located at 3205 Happy Valley Road.
For more information, please contact Langford Fire Rescue at 250-478-9555.
Funds are raised primarily through the catering of a variety of events for the Fire Department such as:
- Lunches for firefighters attending training courses.
- Food & beverages at fire and/or emergency scenes as required.
- Refreshments at the annual Santa Parade of fire trucks.
- Pancakes and hot dogs at the Annual Fire Rescue Open House.
- Concessions at varous community events.
- Sale of various products which are used as fundraisers for non-profit groups.
Recent fundraising procurements include:
- Portable Defibrillators
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Firefighting conference in Indiana
- Kitchen amenities
- Patio furnishings for Station No. 3
- Bereavement Fund
- Education Bursary Fund
Junior Citizenship Award Trophy
The Women's Auxiliary sponsors the Junior Citizenship Award Trophy and presents it annually to a deserving student graduating from Belmont Senior Secondary School.Go to Top