The Women's Auxiliary was established in the early 1950s and was first composed of firefighters' wives. They held dances, teas, bake sales, craft sales and the like to finance the purchase of a variety of furnishings for the Firehall, Communications Centre, and the ambulance when it was manned and operated by the Langford Fire Department.
Now, the Women's Auxiliary is open to all women living in the City of Langford. Our duty continues to be to raise funds for and assist the Langford Volunteer Firefighters Association.
Joining the Woman's Auxiliary
This is a chance to be part of an energetic and effective group that contributes to Langford's growing community in a tangible and rewarding way.
In addition to the opportunity to support the volunteer firefighters, each member of the Auxiliary is given a Level 1 Food Safe Course. Throughout the year there are opportunities to enrol in first-aid courses relevant to the Auxiliary.
If you are interested in joining this group and can volunteer some time, or for more information contact Langford Fire/Rescue at (250) 478-9555.
The Women's Auxiliary meets the second Tuesday of each month, at 7:00 pm at #1 Hall located at 2625 Peatt Road.
We are an enthusiastic, vital group of volunteers. Funds are raised primarily through the catering of a variety of events for the Fire Department such as:
- Lunches for firefighters attending training courses.
- Food & beverages at fire and/or emergency scenes as required.
- Refreshments at the annual Santa Parade of fire trucks.
- Pancakes and hot dogs at the Annual Fire Rescue Open House.
- Concession at Langford Fun Fest.
- Sale of various products which are used as fundraisers for non-profit groups.
Recent fundraising procurements include:
- Portable Defibrillators
- Thermal Imaging Camera
- Firefighting conference in Indiana
- Kitchen amenities
- Patio furnishings for Station No. 3
Junior Citizenship Award Trophy
The Women's Auxiliary sponsors the Junior Citizenship Award Trophy and presents it annually to a deserving student graduating from Belmont Senior Secondary School.Go to Top