** RECRUITING FOR 2013 IS NOW CLOSED**
**THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST**
The Langford Volunteer Fire Fighters Association comprises the majority of the 60-plus department membership.
Being a volunteer firefighter is like having a part-time career. It takes dedication, determination, time, and lots of hard work. You will be challenged physically and mentally to protect your community.
If you have any questions you can contact the Langford Fire Department's training division at 250-478-9555.
Who Can Volunteer?
Both male and female applicants who are over 19 years of age.
All applicants must:
- Live in Langford
- Have a valid Class 5 - BC Drivers License
- Pass a criminal record check
- Be in good health and physical condition
- Be able to attend weekly Thursday practice
Langford Volunteer Fire Fighters Association partners with the Justice Institute of British Columbia to deliver BC Firefighter Training Standard Firefighter II to Langford volunteer members.
Training for all firefighters is on-going and intensive. Regular practices are held on Thursdays. Training is a minimum of 2.5 hours and covers all of the services provided by Langford Fire Rescue. In addition to regular training sessions, firefighters actively participate in additional courses (often weekends and other evenings) and train to maintain and expand their skills. Regular upkeep of your physical fitness is crucial to your health, safety, and success as a volunteer firefighter.
- 2013 Recruiting Calendar [PDF - 100 KB]
- 2013 Basic Training Calendar [PDF - 17 KB]
- Download the Physical Agility Test [PDF - 60 KB]
- Download the Waiver Form [PDF - 60 KB]
Need More Information?
- Assistant Chief Scott Davidson (Training Officer)
- Phone: (250) 478-9555