2011 Preliminary Election Results
- View the 2011 Election of Mayor and Council Proclamation here [PDF - 149 KB].
- View the 2011 Preliminary Election results here [PDF - 205 KB].
2011 Local Government Election
- View the Langford Notice Of Election By Voting here [PDF - 101 KB] .
- View the Declaration of Candidates here [PDF - 58 KB].
- View the School District 62 Declaration of Candidates here [PDF - 68 KB]
- There will be an All Candidates meeting on October 24, 2011 at 7:00pm to 9:00pm at Gordon United Church located at 935 Goldstream Ave.
- View the School District No.62 (Sooke) Notice of Election here [PDF - 17 KB].
- View Langford Polling Stations Map here [PDF - 8.4 MB].
Welcome to the City of Langford, Local Government Election site. The following is provided for information purposes only, should you have questions or require more details about the Langford election you may call Mr. Tom Moore, Chief Election Officer at 250-472-0059 or by calling the Deputy Chief Election Officers Jim Bowden and Lindy Kaercher at City Hall 250-478-7882.
BC general elections are held every three years for mayors, councillors, regional district electoral area directors, school board trustees and Islands Trust trustees. Candidates are voted in for a three-year term. Pursuant to the Local Government Act, local general voting day is always the third Saturday in November. The next general voting day falls on November 19, 2011.
The City of Langford will be electing:
· Mayor (1)
· Councillors (6)
Only City of Langford residents and non-resident property owners are eligible to vote in the Langford election. If you are unsure of whether you are a City of Langford resident, check your property tax notice, phone City of Langford Tax Department at 250-478-7882 or e-mail the Deputy Chief Election Officer
Electronic vote tabulators (ballot counters) will be used during the 2011 Election.
Advance voting will take place on Wednesday, November 9 and Wednesday, November 16, 2011 at Langford City Hall, 3rd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue. The voting place will be open between 8 am and 8 p.m. on both of these days.
General Voting Day
The next municipal election will take place on Saturday, November 19, 2011 at Ruth King School and Millstream Elementary School. The voting place will be open between 8 am, and 8 p.m. on both of these days.
You must register to vote before you receive a ballot. The City of Langford will use the Provincial Voters List as the City's List of Electors for the 2011 Local General Election. For more information, please see the following links:
- Notice to the Electors [PDF - 451 KB]
- BC Government Voters Guide http://www.cscd.gov.bc.ca/lgd/gov_structure/elections/voters_guide.htm
- City of Langford Notice of Nomination [PDF - 483 KB]
- Candidates Guide to Local Elections in British Columbia - [PDF 291KB]
September 27 Advance Registration Closes -Resident and Non-Resident Property Electors must now register at the time of voting
October 4 (9am) Nomination Period, first day - begins at 9:00 a.m.
October 4 List of electors available for inspection at City Hall, 2nd Floor, 877 Goldstream Avenue
October 14 (4pm) Nomination Period, last day - closes at 4:00 p.m.
November 9 (8am) Advance Voting Opportunity #1 - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Langford City Hall
November 16 (8am) Advance Voting Opportunity #2 - 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Langford City Hall
November 19 General Voting Day, 8:00 a.m. - 8:00 p.m. at Ruth King Elementary School and Millstream Elementary SchoolGo to Top