Planning, Zoning and Affordable Housing Committee
To view the latest Agendas and Minutes for 2013 Planning, Zoning and Affordable Housing Committee meetings, click here.
The Planning, Zoning and Affordable Housing Committee has been established to provide recommendations to Council regarding matters related to Planning, Zoning and Affordable Housing within the City of Langford.
To achieve the above noted objectives the Planning, Zoning and Affordable Housing Committee will make recommendation with respect to
Planning and Zoning:
- Land use regulatory bylaws and permits - under part 29 of the Municipal Act;
- Development Permits
- Development Variance Permits
- Temporary C/I Permits
- Community and local area planning;
- Comprehensive development planning;
- Fringe area and inter-municipal planning;
- Coordinated planning initiatives for the establishment of a business improvement area and downtown revitalization program;
- Heritage designations and heritage planning;
- Langford Enhancement Society; and
- Building Inspection.
- Affordable housing initiatives;
- Affordable housing Amenity Fund Contribution;
- Affordable Housing Agreement;
- Affordable housing other Contributions;
- Affordable housing Policy Amendment Recommendations;
- Housing Design Approvals for Affordable Housing; and
- Selection of Purchasers from List of Qualified Purchasers for Affordable Housing