Agriculture Advisory Committee
To view the latest Agendas and Minutes for 2013 Agriculture Advisory Committee meetings, click here.
The Agricultural Advisory Committee was formed to advise Council on issues important to agriculture, agricultural lands and food security in the City of Langford. The Committee advises Council on land use and matters with respect to agriculture.
The objectives of the Agricultural Advisory Committee are to advise Council on matters pertaining to land use and development that may affect the agricultural community in Langford.
- To achieve this objective, the Agricultural Advisory Committee will undertake the following activities:
- Advise Council in regards to the City of Langford's Agricultural Lands Strategy, or matters pertaining to agriculture policy;
- Review applications for development of lands within the Agriculture Land Reserve;
- Review applications for the exclusion of lands from the Agriculture Land Reserve;
- Recommend to Council whether exclusion of land from the Agriculture Land Reserve is appropriate and the conditions under which exclusion should occur, or whether development of lands within the Agriculture Land Reserve is appropriate and the conditions under which development should occur.
The Committee shall consider the following when reviewing proposals:
- The agricultural potential of the subject property and the effect of the proposal on the agricultural potential of the subject property
- Issues relating to the protection of lands within the Agriculture Land Reserve that may be specific to the application;