City of Langford

Live the lifestyle.

New Resident Information

We do things differently in the City of Langford. Here is some much needed information for new residents.

Postal Code

Canada Post determines the Postal Codes for the City of Langford. Use their handy Postal Code Finder to find the postal code for your new home.


The City of Langford is within School District 62 Sooke and is home to several elementary schools, middle schools, and Vancouver Island's newest high school, Belmont Secondary. View a map of schools [PDF - 150 KB] in Langford to find the closest one to your new home.

Garbage & Recycling

Garbage Removal (residential) – The City of Langford does not provide garbage pickup in its tax base. Residential Waste Disposal is not a municipal service. Residents must make their own arrangements. The City of Langford advises that you look in the Yellow Pages under "Garbage Collectors" or "Rubbish Removal." You can make arrangements with the Waste Disposal companies listed there.

Recycling - Pickup Service is provided by the Capital Regional District. For more information including the pickup schedule check the CRD website or call the CRD Hot Line at 250-360-3030.

Yard Waste - The City of Langford does not have a Public Works Yard. Please refer to the Yellow Pages under "Composting Equipment, Services & Supplies" or "Recycling Centres & Services".

Water Billings, Service and Watering Restrictions

Restrictions and watering schedules are determined by CRD Water. For conservation efforts and restrictions visit the CRD website or contact them by phone at 250-474-9600.

Sanitation and Sewers

Corix West Shore Environmental Services provides sewer service for the City of Langford. The West Shore Environmental Services offices are located at #103 - 859 Orono Avenue in Langford. Current office hours are Monday to Friday 8:30 am to 4:30 pm. Contact them by phone at (250) 478-2187 or email:

For more information visit the West Shore Environmental Services website.

Animal Control

The Capital Regional District provides animal licencing services for the City of Langford.

Licences can be obtained from various locations in the City of Langford.

For More Information

Consult our Frequently Asked Questions pages for further enquiries.

Meta Navigation