Royal Roads University
Located in the City of Colwood, Royal Roads University is the West Shore's only public university and one steeped in Vancouver Island history. Built in 1908 as a residence for Vancouver Island coal baron and Lieutenant Governor, James Dunsmuir, Hatley Castle is one of the most impressive heritage buildings on Vancouver Island and the centerpiece of Royal Roads University. In 1940, the Federal Government acquired the property to be used by the military to train reserve officers. By 1968 Royal Roads had received the designation of Military College.
Nearby West Shore communities, such as the City of Langford, offer affordable off-campus housing and amenities for students of all ages.
Go to Top